Recently, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reached an impressive milestone with its 100th episode. Therefore, in that wake – and the fact that the series is, currently, on the bubble – why not remembering the best moments the series has provided as of yet? You can check our pick down below!
(Do beware, the following top WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so BEWARE IF YOU’RE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH THE SERIES YET!!!)
5. The Framework (Season Four's third & final "pod")
4. The Space Twist (5x01/02 - Orientation, Part 1/2)
3. Ghost Rider Joins the Fight (Season Four's first "pod"; Season Four Finale)
2. Ward's Betrayal (1x17 - Turn, Turn, Turn)
1. Jemma Simmons' "One Woman Show" (3x05 - 4722 Hours)
5. The Framework (Season Four's third & final "pod")We bet that, at one point, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Writers Room thought "what if we sent the agents into a virtual simulation?". It was an idea that could've been totally bonkers, and yet, surprisingly enough, they made this pod work! We got to see our friends with a few new twists to their personality (Fitz's turn as The Doctor was clearly a stand-out), some old friends were present (oh, hi, Grant Ward!),... There was a lot to process with this event, and the pod, to this day, is still leaving scars in our heroes.
4. The Space Twist (5x01/02 - Orientation, Part 1/2)After dealing with aliens, vengeful spirits, rebellious robots and a Marvel version of The Matrix, where would Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. take our beloved agents? Well, it seems that the correct answer was "space", which took the first half of the current season. It really threw our friend into the fray with this final frontier. Not only that, but this 2-hour season premiere would add another deep layer: not only were they thrown into space, but also into the future. A bold move that gave a new purpose to Coulson & Co.
3. Ghost Rider Joins the Fight (Season Four's first "pod"; Season Four Finale)Even before Season Four aired, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fans were presented with a marketing strategy that left them thinking "is Ghost Rider coming to town?". It would take a while, but then official word came in: Ghost Rider would DEFINITELY be coming to town! Not your average, Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch version of Ghost Rider, but the All-New, All-Different Robbie Reyes, played by Gabriel Luna. And the unknown actor did not disappoint, become a fan favorite in a blink of an eye. Now, repeat after us: WE WANT A GHOST RIDER SPIN-OFF, PLEASE!!!
2. Ward's Betrayal (1x17 - Turn, Turn, Turn)We have to admit the obvious: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s first season was far from perfect. However, the series took a large step forward with Captain America: The Winter Soldier's big Hydra twist. Suddenly, no one could be trusted. Sure, some faiths were renewed, but no one could prepare us for the episode biggest twist: Grant Ward, one of the members of the main cast, was a Hydra agent! Just like that, one of the most boring characters on the series became a highly complex one, quickly becoming a fan favorite in the fans' minds.
1. Jemma Simmons' "One Woman Show" (3x05 - 4722 Hours)So far, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., for better or for worse, stuck to the typical spy series formula. However, the series shook things up with this "bottle" episode, which focused on the mystery of Jemma Simmon's disappearance in the second season finale. What we got was not what we were expecting from the series; what we got was a harrowing tale of survival in an inhospitable place. It also helped to further boost Elizabeth Henstridge's character so, no complains from us!