Despite meeting some truly brilliant characters over the years, we’re bound to meet some that, for some reason, just managed to make our whole experience of watching TV a bit more problematic. So, be sure to check out our Top of TV’s Most Annoying Characters of 2017!
5. Wally West - The Flash
4. John Diggle - Arrow
3. Carl Grimes - The Walking Dead
2. Laurel Lance/Black Siren - Arrow
1. Danny Rand - Iron Fist/The Defenders
5. Wally West - The FlashOh, Wally. What have they done to you? Once a character that showed a great deal of potential was suddenly cast off to the background. Here's to hoping that his stay along the Waverider can make him wonders, because, as of right now, he simply adds nothing new to the show.
4. John Diggle - ArrowJohn Diggle might be the best example of a curious character going stale over the seasons. Sure, he took a benefit of being in the center stage for a time, but that doesn't exonerate him from the very dubious choices he makes.
3. Carl Grimes - The Walking DeadSure, sure, some fans got caught off-guard with SPOILERS FROM THE SHOW, but that doesn't change the fact that the character, despite enjoying some small, great moments, was simply out there because reasons.
2. Laurel Lance/Black Siren - ArrowIn our previous tops, Laurel Lance was always present. And this year is no exception. The whole Earth-2 twist on the character had a few expectations going for a good character arc, at the very least. But alas, the character suffers from the same ol' "we don't know what to do with her" curse from the writers. It's a shame.
1. Danny Rand - Iron Fist/The DefendersOkay, this one was the first misstep for the Marvel/Netflix universe. Why? Because it's Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist, Sworn Enemy of the Hand. And how did we know these words? Because he kept on repeating them every chance he got. We get it, you're a martial arts badass with a bad case of the Hand; we don't need a constant reminder of that. The other members of the Defenders didn't need that, and look how they all turned out