While 2017 had some incredible things to offer on television, it also had its fair share of terrible shows. I wish I could say they won’t last long, and that’s true for some of them, but others are very good at escaping the cancellation axe.
02. New Girl
05. ArrowSeason six of Arrow might be turning out surprisingly good but season five still gets a spot on this list. Uninteresting, boring, with useless flashbacks and poor action sequences, not even the initially mildly appealing villain could save the season. It was a mix of constantly brooding heroes and cliché dialogue I hope the show never falls back into.
04. ScandalScandal should have ended about two seasons ago. Every character who was once interesting, layered and inspiring is now downright awful, doing unforgivable things just to look powerful. Its strong opinions on social matters are the only thing saving it from being higher on this list.
03. QuanticoIt's overly dramatic and annoying. It can't decide what it wants for the characters, dragging them around from situation to situation only to pull them from it when it suits the main character's arc. Even when it tries to innovate the structure it fails to become something truly interesting. Any of its many talents in the cast would be better off doing anything else.
02. New GirlJess departing for a few episodes might have made this comedy more bearable (with Megan Fox being surprisingly funny) but as a whole the show has more than overstayed its welcome. It stopped being funny a long time ago and the relationships we were once invested in are now just plain annoying.
01. ShadowhuntersAs I'm sure it's true for any other fan of the books, I want Shadowhunters to succeed. I want it to be the best it can be and it remains my biggest guilty pleasure. Unfortunately, the dialogue is still painfully bad and while the acting and stunt-work has improved, they remain subpar. Give the show a few years and it has potential to become good, but for now, it is the worst season I've watched this year.