Here we are: the end of another year and that calls for a reflexion about the best and worst pieces of the seventh art that we’ve seen. So, here’s my Top 5 Best Movies of The Year.
4. Get Out
2. The Killing of a Sacred Deer
5. CocoMusic, emotion and family values. These are the three ingredients that make Coco one of the Best Movies of 2017. Once again, Pixar delivers a story that touches both children and adult audiences.
4. Get OutA modern age horror tale that shines a very dark light on how a simple groundless hatred can escalate into a frightening reality. A huge wake up call for racial hypocrisy.
3. mother!In a time where allegories are out of fashion, comes a movie that is not afraid to break the contemporary trend with an original approach to the most ancient story of all. Aronofsky shocks his audience with images of violence and the dark side of human nature.
2. The Killing of a Sacred DeerA straight-from-Kubrick cinematography with an hypnotising sound design that make a worthwhile experience based on a bizarre storytelling.
1. DunkirkOne of the "forgotten" chapters of World War II brought to life through an astonishing storytelling and a mesmerizing score. Pure cinema - not to be expected less from a phenomena creator like C. Nolan.