Game of Thrones needs no introduction. The George R.R. Martin TV’s adaptation is a global phenomenon and one of its major particularities is that it can leave us with our mouths wide open in shock. We made a selection, between season 1 and 5 (not counting the two final episodes) of the most WTF moments of the series. So, be aware, SPOILERS AHEAD!
9, So long Ned Stark!
8. Tyrion Catches Shae in his Father's Bed
7. Joffrey and the Hookers
6. Joffrey's Death
5. The Red Wedding
4. Cersei and Jaime are Caught in the Act
3. Ramsay Cuts off Theon's "Manhood"
2. Melisandre Gives Birth to a Shadow
1. Ramsay Rapes Sansa
10. HardhomeEpisode: Hardhome (5x08) The Night's Watch and the Wildlings needed to settle after years of conflicts, but it wasn't until the Night King and his army of the dead interrupted such a thing! It was as awesome as it was scary!
9, So long Ned Stark!Episode: Baelor (1x09) This was the first big twist of the show! And it broke our hearts into little pieces to see Ned Stark being beheaded. We only could wish that it was Joffrey instead.
8. Tyrion Catches Shae in his Father's BedEpisode: The Children (4x10) We all knew that Tywin Lannister was a severe, hateful man, but what we weren't expecting was that Shae (Tyrion's love interest) could actually be such a bitch!! And as revenge is a dish served cold, Tyrion managed to get his the right way.
7. Joffrey and the HookersEpisode: Garden of Bones (2x04) While we all know the extent of Joffrey Baratheon's behavior, it was really hurtful to see him torture two prostitutes. The moment itself just revealed the worst of the character and we couldn't wish him dead more than now.
6. Joffrey's DeathEpisode: The Lion and the Rose (4x02) Never in the history of Thrones' was an episode so highly awaited. Yes, the brat king is dead and it was pure enjoyment to watch.
5. The Red WeddingEpisode: The Rains of Castamere (3x09) Dinner at the Frey's demands some bargaining chips... well, in this case, heads! Robb and Catelyn Stark were ambushed by disgusting Walder Frey and his family and we were left in shock with the result. The most unexpected episode of Thrones' so far.
4. Cersei and Jaime are Caught in the ActEpisode: Winter Is Coming (1x01) Yup, incest happened right in the first episode of the series. Jaime and Cersei were doing it when little voyeur Bran Stark found them and he learned the hard way that we should never spy on people.
3. Ramsay Cuts off Theon's "Manhood"Episode: The Bear and the Maiden Fair (3x10) Well, isn't this gruesome? Yes, you read it correctly: Ramsay Snow did cut off Theon's genitals and, guess what?! He ate them too. This is just sick and awful. But Game of Thrones' insanity level can get even crazier than this.
2. Melisandre Gives Birth to a ShadowEpisode: Garden of Bones (2x04) Melisandre is a sorceress, everybody knew that, but giving birth to a shadow??? That's a whole level of crazy here!
1. Ramsay Rapes SansaEpisode: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (5x06) There's few things that Ramsay Bolton could do that would leave us not wanting him killed. And the far worst he has done was sexually abusing of his new wife Sansa. The scene was wrong in so many levels that it really pissed people of! And we certainly want him dead...